Adam Graduated! He is now a proud holder of an MBA degree from BYU. He graduated at the end of April and accepted a job as the Director of Economic Development for a start up firm in Ogden, UT called 'Better City'. I am SO PROUD of him! 2 years of managing a very full class load, 2 internships, AND becoming a 1st time Dad is a lot of work but he did it with all his best efforts and pretty much tore it up (in a good way). He started the new jobs at the end of April and loves it! He is doing some really exciting work and gets to work with great people. I am so happy that he is doing exactly what he wants to be doing!

We also moved to Roy UT. Our new place is only a 12 minute drive from Adam's work and that, my friends, is awesome. For the 1st month of his new job we still lived in Orem, UT and Adam was having to make the 3 hour commute for work 5 days a week- so unfun! He would leave really early in the morning and get home around 7:00-&:30 at night after Avarie was already in bed. We much prefer having more time to spend with him now that he had a tiny commute.
 |
| "Uhhh, that's all you packed so far?" |
 |
| Me: "Avarie, don't touch the tape!" |
 |
| Avarie: "you want it?" |
 |
| Avarie: "PSYCH!" |
Now that we have moved and Adam is working full time I have to opportunity to be a 100% full time stay at home mom. Wow. I love having more time to spend with Avarie getting to go on fun little outings with her during the week. It has also been a huge adjustment for me! I am so used to working outside the home and being busy with other things that I've lost all memory of how to chill out, relax, and make new friends. I have to admit, I've had my fair share of awkward "trying to make friends" conversations lately. Nice Meg, nice.
Anyway, I loved my job as an autism specialist at Kids On The Move, in Orem and am really going to miss it. I enjoyed working with kids and their parents and getting to help them make great progress in their lives. I hope to do some part time work involving autism after we get settled in a little more but for now, it's home I stay.
2 comments:
Can we just take a moment to acknowledge the huge quantity of plate boxes in the picture of Avarie on the guitar case. You know you have a ridiculous amount of plates right?
Okay, all the photos of Avarie and the captions are hilarious.
Also: good job, Adam. A providin' man deserves to like what he does.
Post a Comment