Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Beast is Born

Fine I will admit it. I am a hypocrite (I know you're thinking it Cressey). Though I really do love reading my friend's blogs, ever since blogging hit the scene with a wicked vengeance I have secretly, and on occasion even not so secretly, viewed hosting a personal blog as a socially acceptable avenue for self glorification. Why would I want to blog about myself, I'm just here minding my own and living life so why write it down for all to read? And further more, who would care to read my inconsequential anecdotes? Pass. Then I remembered how much I LOVE to write and , lets be honest, I love to share too (witness the golden child of dear old Alameda Elementary). Add that to frequent coaxing from others and the fact that I always enjoy a good story recitation and, walla!, my aversion to blogging has slowly begun to dissipate. I now fear that I will become an unstoppable blogging beast.

Now that I have aired my proverbial dirty laundry...I am going to the beach in T-1.5 days. Fact: I love the beach. When asked where I would most like to live my standard, and perfectly truthful, answer is- on the beach in Tahiti where I shall reside in a stilted hut on the sand with a re-enforced plexi-glass floor so that I can watch the sea life thrive beneath my feet. True story. Despite my fair, rosey skin that burns at the mear thought of prolonged sun exposure I would, and have, gladly slathered on the SPF 50+ and lazed about the surf and sand for hours on end basking in the glorious sun. So come Friday at quitting time I will head to the car with a skip in my step and trusty 2-piece in hand knowing that in a few short hours sandy bliss will soon be mine.


6 comments:

Lorna said...

you are quite the articulate write, Meg. I enjoyed reading your post and just wish I could join you at the beach.

Maren B said...

NOT FAIR! I want to go. ANd thank you for becoming a hypocrite. It makes me happy.
Now we can phone, skype, gchat, email, AND read each other's blogs! Like BFFs!

Lily Eggleston said...

Megs! I loved that day we went to the beach! I want that day right now!

Meredith said...

WOOT WOOT!! A blog is born, and I was invited!!!

Heather said...

Ah a momentous occasion for all to see: Megs is now a blogger. Sniff. I am happy to be a part of this. And I must add that the belly button shot is awesome.

Maren B said...

Hey! It's been a week, Hypocrite!