Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Sun Came Out; It's Tomorrow

I like today a lot better than yesterday.
These days the air is crisp and Fall-like and the sun hangs a little lower in the sky casting sleepy shadows across the landscape. The leaves have begun their graceful decent signifying that Autumn has initiated her full rise to glory.
The image “http://images-0.redbubble.net/img/art/size:large/view:main/276578-11-autumn-colors-in-the-forest.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
As soon as the air turns sharp and the temperatures cool my mind jumps into holiday mode. It doesn't take much for my imagination to scare up the faint sounds of children bustling from house to house dressed Halloween garb while parents follow subtlety, yet dutifully, behind. Or to conjure up images of tasty baked goods cooling on the counter and filling the air with homey goodness.
I get very nostalgic around this time of year. I LOVE the holiday season and all of the festive traditions that come along with it. From Halloween to St. Patrick's Day I am all for the craftsy pomp and circumstance.
During holiday season especially, I can't help but to thankfully embrace the careful domestic training I received from my mom as I was growing up. Mammy dearest would gather all three of us rambunctious sass-mouths into the kitchen to whip up tastiness to share with our friends and neighbors alike. Loved it.
The image “https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi1dcMRGnm069Rz1HXvRnJdwmA_qWTbKy3nPwoqMhcdqbCcmIIIu9azqxOlBk801pviloqz2okXYFYIrJ9QCU_Avsp9NZeaL-xOpUm1ciTxQk21Jv-Rd95NVkRSwlhVkpF5rX4zGBQAai9-/s200/retro-housewife.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
So to celebrate the arrival of Fall 2009 I busted out the culinary genius in me this afternoon. With Madison (my boss's 19 year old son who has autism) as my trusty side-kick we set out to bake my very first banana nut bread. The ridiculously appealing aroma is filling my lungs as we speak. Don't be jealous, it's so very unbecoming.
http://wholesomescents.com/Pictures/Images%5CBananaNutBread.jpg

2 comments:

Matt and Christy said...

Mmmm. That looks yummy. I love this time of the year, too. I love putting on my sweater and enjoying the crisp fall weather- especially without the rain!

Maren B said...

You send me banana bread today?