Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Don't Wanna Grow Up!

Ever have those days where you feel like everything is wrong and nothing is right and you realized just how good you had it as a kid when all you had to worry about was whether to watch Gummy Bears or Smurfs 'cuz thy were on at the same time? It's days like these that you get that ever so generous kick in the pants as it occurs to you that you just may be a failure at living rather than the professional you had initially thought you were.
Today is one of those days for me. I long for to 5:00pm to roll around so that I can crawl into my bed with my lap top and a stack of beloved lady adored flicks and pretend that I'am sick- wait, I AM sick! Sick of being awake! From the vantage point of my downy soft bed, surrounded by way to many, but all very vital, fluffy down pillows, the world and all of it's dumb looks less dumb and more nice. Plus I can forget, for a brief time, all of my pitiful and abounding woes.
In college these woeful days were usually buffeted by the presence of a loving friend or two who would woe with me; hopping on my bed to join in the Gilmore Girl fest with Ben, Jerry, and myself. Ohhhh how the nastyness of the day would melt away in the presence of good girl friends. I miss that.
So in summary: woe is me, the world and I are wrong today.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3m65KNJ6jVQ/RrsqZXq7VwI/AAAAAAAAALM/hHb9yk4GA4M/s400/peter_pan.jpghttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/137/323152563_a3d0626935_b.jpghttp://www.thedieline.com/pentawards08/images/2008/10/20/122_bronze_ben_jerrys_1.jpgThe image “http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/35655.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

No comments: