Sunday, February 6, 2011

T3

I've made it to 28 weeks, thus beginning the 3rd trimester- FINALLY. I have to admit, I thought that I would be one of those glowing pregnant ladies who love, love, loooooooooves being great with child- I am not that lady. I am happy as can be to have our  little baby girl coming to join our family and I feel very lucky that I am able to have kids naturally. Adam and I are already smitten beyond belief with this little lady and we've yet to even see her sweet tiny face. I've got her ultra sound picture framed and placed on our book shelve in the front room where I stare at her image daily. I am SO excited to finally meet her.
However, I am slightly disappointed that I have not been a pillar of pregnant strength and grander. In my mind, pregnant Megan was supposed to be full of energy and vigor, working out with gusto daily and tossing aside the pesky aches and pains of pregnancy with a light hearted laugh. Never did I dane to think of daily migraines and nights of no sleep coupled with the sheer physical and emotional exhaustion of a constantly changing and growing body. Naivety at it's finest. Reality has now taught me that exercising 3-4 times a week, powering through the constant headaches, and accepting that my body is not that of the incredible hulk's, is okay. I'm human. I like being pregnant, but I will love being done until we're ready to welcome the next baby. By that time my expectations of pregnant Megan will be much more refined and a whole lot more realistic.

5 comments:

Lily Eggleston said...

Hey, I love you.

M said...

i always envy those girls who look tiny and run a couple miles a day all throughout their pregnancy. i feel for ya girl! hang in there! You're almost to the finish line!

Lorna C said...

Word to your mother. It was different than I imagined it too. So is motherhood-but just as much as it is harder than you imagine it, it is also more rewarding and wonderful than you imagine it beforehand. I'm so excited for you and very glad that you just have 12 weeks to go! I always start counting down at the ten week mark. Don't start before than or it will seem to take way to long, trust me.

Maren B said...

Yay! Later it will seem like it went by really fast. Memory is a liar, though.

Dani said...

AMEN!!!!!!