Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lady Baby

Adorable
    Yesterday, December 20, 2010 was the long awaited day that we got to find out if there would soon be the pitter patter of little boy or little girl feet gallivanting around our home. Both Adam and I were convinced we were having a boy. We had only thought of boy names and had even been referring to the baby as "he". When the ultra sound tech. announced, "it's a girl!!!" we both just sat there in befuddled silence. I asked the tech if she was sure and to prove herself to us. I remained unconvinced. I'm sure she gets that a lot and I'm sure it's annoying every time. Sorry tech lady.
    It took a while for it to sink in for me...a girl and not a boy? But how could my motherly instincts be so wrong? Not possible. After leaving the Doctor's office Adam just shook his head and reiterated what he's always said, he's done for- referring to the fact that he's a sucker for a sweet little girl face and she's gonna have him wrapped ever so tightly around her precious little lady finger. I fear the boy that ever tries to win her heart, he is going to have A LOT to live up to after baby girl has been spoiled soundly by Daddy.
    I am getting more and more excited and terrified by the minute for her to arrive. I am excited for baby girl to join our family and terrified by the reality that I am going to be a parent for reals. There is so much to learn and keep learning, teach and be the example of for her as she grows and matures. I hope the very best of everything we have to give her is enough to help her be the person she is meant to be!
    Also very note worthy- today was Adam's birthday!!  We had wonderful festivities at his sister's house that made him feel blessed and thoroughly loved.  His mom made his favorite dinner, lasagna, the nieces and nephew put together an adorable musical and puppet show for him, and they even made him a pinata filled with candy and money- who wouldn't love that!?! I for one am glad to have this birthday boy to call my very own. Love. Happy birthday Adam!!!

8 comments:

Maren B said...

Oh how I love her. But I'm still not sure she's not gonna come out being a boy.

Tanya said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Little girls are so precious! And you're right, she'll have her daddy wrapped around her little finger before you know it!! It's been fun finding things to accessorize with Hazel's outfits, and I can't wait for you to have the same experience! YAY!!!

The House That Lars Built said...

oh fun fun! Congrats Meg! She'll be beautiful!

Amanda said...

I had no idea you had a blog... and even more alarming, a baby on the way! Congratulations! You'll love being a Mom. Just don't rush into having 2 at any point, you won't be able to go anywhere! Little gals are fun, but that's just speaking from 7 weeks of experience. I've found that having a boy is a lot of fun too. Either way, it'll be a blast.

M said...

i was so sure that Jett was a girl...I even had bought a cute little girl outfit even before we found out and then ended up having to give it to a friend for her baby shower. lol! I am so excited for you guys to have a beautiful little girl! how fun! you really are going to be the best mom! no need to worry!

Molly said...

That ultra sound picture is awesome! Congratulations! :D

Suze/Mom said...

Megs, I have no fear that you will be the best Mom....you have all the love and courage it takes to be awesome! Parents are supposed to spoil their kids...and grandparents even more. What a special time for you two cuties...you'll do fine!

Heather said...

Not that I know any different but you are so lucky to have a girl first! We're excited for you two!