This fall has been busy. This fall has been FUN *note, all caps FUN= definite emphatic emphasis*. With so much going on I have found it quite overwhelming to imagine catching up on all the grandeur at once so I've decided on bit by little
tinsey bit.
Soooooo the stories begin.
It was my little niece
Lorelai's first
Halloween. She was a precious pumpkin:


Can't really deny that at the moment I saw these pictures my heart bled a little being 3000miles away from this cuteness.
In other news, in early October Adam and I decided to take an epic journey to Florida to visit his Dad and to see the U2 concert. We started the ridiculously lengthy drive on a Thursday afternoon after work and drove, and drove, and
drooooove. By the time we got to Tampa at 5:00pm the next day we were seriously contemplating the stability of our sanity. The concert was fabulous. Adam was made slightly
beasty by some unsightly traffic which delayed our arrival at the concert by 2 loathsome hours. However, as soon as the first notes of the concert rang clear and true I watched a small and boyish grin spread across his formerly
traffic-trodden face and I knew, all would be well. And it was.
We also had a very nice visit with Donald, Adam's dad. We spent Saturday afternoon lazing about on

the sunny shores of Bel Air Beach and then went out for a nice dinner to round off a great day.


At one point, while Adam and I were bobbing along in the ocean, we were having a hypothetical discussion about sharks, having recently watched shark week on National Geographic. Now having been faithful shark week watchers we knew that sharks like anything live and fleshy, but mostly they like live and fleshy fish, not people. In fact they rarely go after humans unless the waters are murky and they get confused. Now as our stimulating shark discussion continued I was quick to point out that we were not safe swimmers. The water at Bel Air Beach were we were
swimming is very murky, "to a shark you look like dinner" says I to Adam. My back was to the ocean, Adam had full view of the
oceany expanse. His face went from laughter to dead serious in .2 seconds flat. "
Dorsal fins,
DORSAL FINS!!" he
screeched (in a very manly voice). "
Bahaha, nice try, stop trying to scare me"I said
with a slight nervous
quiver. Adam, "Seriously!" I turned and let out a yelp upon seeing 2 very definite, very close (about 20ft. away) gray
dorsal fins slipping in and out of the water ever so silently. Due to my stellar shark week education, I quickly realized, however, that A) sharks don't swim in pairs, side by side. and B) they also swim with a side to side motion and not the up and down bob that we were seeing. Heart attack
averted. Thanks shark week.
1 comment:
Oh, Shark Week, May your wisdom always be dispensed with such timeliness.
Post a Comment