Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait... IRELAND.

Some of you may recall that a few months back, okay about 11 months to be exact, I and two of the best travel companions a girl could have- namely,
And this girl: Natalie A. Bruford
This guy: Adam J. Hughes












-embarked on an adventure of a lifetime.  Oh what an adventure it was!  I have wanted to go to Ireland, land of my father's fathers, for as long as I can remember.  Truly St. Patrick's Day for many years was my favorite holiday- what little girl wouldn't love getting out of school to perform Irish Step Dance in festivals around the city?  I looooved it and all things Irish.  Maybe I even skipped a recess or two in middle school to work on self assigned "reports" about Ireland...I know what you're thinking and I'll quell that thought right away, YES I HAD FRIENDS.  Moving right along.  Needless to say that when my roommate, Natalie, suggested a trip to the good 'ol emerald isle, I jumped at the opportunity.  Adam, being recently freed from the bonds of KPMG, was none too difficult to convince to come along as well (I think he also may have had a major crush on me).  The trip was amazing.  I may still have dreams of the lush green countryside and rolling hills that stretch far and wide.
We flew into Dublin and spent the next 10 days exploring the sights and sounds by train, car, bus, and boat covering a good piece of the southern and western coastline, then through the center of the island, and back to Dublin.  We all wished we could have stayed longer.  The people were so friendly and hospitable and the sights were breath-taking- truly a trip of a lifetime.  Adam and I are already stalking airline prices for our next Irish adventure.  Here are just a few of our favorite pictures from our trip:


The Spire of Dublin, titled the Monument of Light

Blarney Castle, County Cork
St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin
Nat Rocking with Jimi Hendrix, Dublin
Blarney Castle, Co. Cork
Kissing the Blarney Stone

 












Fun in the Fairy Glen, Blarney Castle, Co. Cork
Castle for sale, any takers?
Cobh Ireland, Co. Cork















More to come at a later date and time...